Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Food rewards (now with pictures!)

Now my garden is well established one of the best feelings is making recipes which contain a majority of items from my own garden.

I've decided to start sharing the results partly as a pat on the back for myself, partly to share new food ideas, mostly because blogs with pictures are pretty :-)

So my first food entry comes courtesy of a free Sanitarium recipe book.


Warm capsicum, tomato, burghul, and baked feta salad

Featuring chives, red onion, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and basil from my garden. Isn't it gorgeous? It was very tasty too although the kids weren't convinced. You can get the recipe online here.

As an aside Sanitarium has a free info service with qualified nutritionists and dietitians. You can email or freephone. There are also links on that page to sign up to get free recipes via email. Pretty good deal. I guess nutritionists and dietitians don't have to just be for the wealthy after all.


1 comment:

  1. Good on you Kate, Sounds like you are having fun. Hope you have a better Garlic result this year. We had great success!

    ReplyDelete