Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sickness and Slackness

Both my girls have had bad colds. I KNOW! In summer? What's that about?
Anyway the result is very bad nights' sleep for all of us. The flow on effect is that last night we had KFC for dinner.

Hardly a great idea when you're trying to be thrifty. The worst thing was I actually had chicken defrosted in the fridge but I couldn't summon the will power to cook it. I was bloody hot, I was bloody tired and I was over being a mum to whingy sick kids.

So what can we take away from this? Well being thrifty does take preparation and effort and when you're unprepared and tired it all goes out the window. So my aim now is to get to sleep earlier so I'm more productive in the early mornings before it gets too hot. Also this weekend I'm going to start stockpiling pre-cooked meals into the chest freezer so next time I can't be bothered cooking I can just re-heat something in the microwave.

In other news all the sales are on in the kids' clothing shops so the other day I went out and bought all the winter and next summer kindy outfits I need for my eldest. Everything was at least 40% discounted. Some much much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment